You know how when you just love a product, you’ve been reading an amazing book, found a new lipstick you like, or there’s a new restaurant you love? Don’t you always love when people share their super awesome finds with you? Like when you are talking over dinner, or coffee? I loveeee coffee dates, they are part of my love language. And I’m willing to bet that most of my coffee dates almost always end up talking about the amazing things God is doing! Jesus and Coffee are part of my love language. So I hope this to be the first of many of these kinds of posts. Just imagine we are sippin’ coffee in comfy clothes, or lookin’ cute at a trendy local shop. I’ll tell you all my favorite things, we’ll catch up, and we’ll see how God has been at work. SO good.
So here we go!
And…while we are on the subject of coffee, I’ll share a little more about my love for coffee!
I love coffee. Like a huge fan. I am a little picky with coffee….a coffee snob of sorts. I’m actually not a huge fan of franchise coffee joints, because well the actual coffee itself is not my favorite. SO that being said, I order my coffee online. And in my own personal opinion this is the best one, hands down.
The kind of coffee I drink is from nuts.com! If you have never heard of them, they are fabulous! The have amazing snacks, baking ingredients, candies, nuts, and coffee (duh). Their customer services is also phenomenal! I order lots of different things from here!
The coffee I order is called Copenhagen. It is the second best part of my morning routine! The first is quiet time with Jesus. Jesus and Coffee.
Fun fact about this, my parents developed a spreadsheet of all the different roasts that nuts.com had on their website, based on which ones we liked and why. We narrowed it down to favorites, re-ordered and then found the top two (this took several months mind you). We have never bought anything else since. Yeah, it’s that good.
The second thing I’d share with you that I’m loving right now, are all the different sermons series that have seriously changed my life for the better. All the tears, all the ‘yes & amens’, and all the Jesus. So Good.
The first YouTube sermons I started were by pastor Michael Todd from Transformation Church. He spits straight fire!! I could watch him all day. Some of my favorites of his are as follows:
- When you need to be reminded that God has called you. I could watch this everyday.
- Relationship Goals
- This series has changed my life. Seriously. Such a refreshing way to look at all relationships, not just dating ones.
- Grace Like a Flood
- This is diving into such a fresh and needed perspective of God’s grace.
The second guy is named Ben Stuart and he has a book and video series called “Single, Dating, Engaged, and Married” that has also changed my life for the better. I think anyone could benefit from relationship sermons, because even if you are married, it just gives you more insight on how to communicate with other people, how to deal with your kids, or even how to deal with people around you who are going through this too.
- Single, Dating, Engaged, Married – Sermon Videos
- Ben is super funny, knows his audience well, and just has such a gift of speaking! Made such a tough topic, interesting and fun.
- SDEM – Book
- I’ve never read the book, but plan to in the near future, because the messages I’ve watched twice now all the way through. So Good.
A third pastor who I have started to watch more recently is Steven Furtick from Elevation Church. Dude is amazing. Funny. He reminds me a lot of a friend of mine who is in the process of becoming a pastor. It makes me picture him and the big things God is doing in his life when I see Pastor Steven preaching! Anything by Steven I would watch.
- It’s Not Over
- This is a message about how when God tells you no in a particular area of your life, it doesn’t mean it’s over.
The next thing I would tell you about is about books I have been reading that are incredible!
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- I CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS BOOK. This lady is changing lives y’all. She is spreading girl power like wildfire, and it is an amazing breath of fresh air. This book has changed me. Chapter by chapter, line by line, word by word. It is all about not believing the lies the world tells us as women, and it is powerful!
- 31 Prayers for My Future Husband by Jennifer and Aaron Smith
- This book not only gives me a nice way to reflect on what a godly man should look like, but a chance to write out my own prayers for him. It also encourages me to pray these types of things over myself, but the way a godly woman should be. My next step is to buy the Wife version, but to pray it over myself! I can’t expect so much from a man if I’m not shaping myself too!!
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst
- This book is all about realizing God didn’t set you aside, he set you apart! How to realize how loved you are even if your whole life might have looked like rejection. She is honest, and raw, and I’m thankful for woman like her telling their stories.
- The last ones I would tell you about is literally anything by Charles Martin, he is AMAZING. These are fiction stories with wholesome plot lines. They are never raunchy or lust-filled. Yet they are some of the most beautiful love stories ever. His style of writing is captivation and so beautiful. The language in his novels is a love language all of its own. Here are some favorites:
The final thing I would tell you about is new products I have found that I fell in love with!
- Vital Proteins – Collagen Peptides: it is a huge thing in the clean eating community especially on Instagram, and I was SOOO skeptical at first, but I love them!! They are good for your hair, skin, nails, and joints! I used to lose hair like a crazy person, literally by the hand full in the shower, or when brushing it and now I hardly shed at all anymore!
- 4th and Heart Ghee – It is pricey but boy it is so good! Worth a splurge on! Use a combo of this and olive oil to fry up some cubed potatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, and serve an over-easy egg on top, you won’t be sorry! YUM.
- My Motivational Water Bottle – This product is easily one of my favorite things because of how well it keeps me accountable for my water intake! The one linked is the exact one I have thanks to a dear friend of mine!
The last thing I would remind you of if we were having coffee, is just how much you are loved. How much I love spending time with you, doing life with you. So if you are reading this, thanks for stopping by and taking a look into the Good Good Life. I’m so blessed to be taking up a few minutes of your day! And hey, I know you are busy, so go out and crush it today. I believe in you, but more importantly God believes in you and created you for a purpose. Live with that purpose today and every day!
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” -Ephesians 2:10-